Saturday 13 December 2014

Keeping CHRIST in CHRISTMAS




.....And there finally my tree is up...

Its been a long while after Thanksgiving and I have been lazy to put up my decorations.Christmas is almost around the corner. I have been fretting over my shopping and baking my first cake for the festive season.(though I am a veteran at baking "brownies" and "muffins") I have not given a lot of thought to baking cakes earlier but this year I thought of giving it a personal touch. Armed with a foolproof recipe in hand, I tried my hand at "a sponge cake" .
It turned out to be "a black cake" , in the literal sense of the term. So I need to give it another shot or stick to making brownies as I do every year. There my sweets are almost ready!

My wall decorations will be up in no time. My "secret Santa" will be decided soon.(For those who don't know Secret Santa is picking up a name by lots and gifting the person at the end of Advent season before Christmas, as well as praying for that person.).

... And there lies the essence of the Christmas Season.. Which we all forget at one point or the other as we are immersed in shopping, decorating and purchasing all the trivial aspects of the merry season. Santa, Snowman and the Christmas Tree are not the persons because of whom we celebrate this season worldwide. Its the celebration of "the coming of Love and Hope into the world", brought by the "Son of God" also known as the Messiah.

Here's a list of things you can do to keep the purpose of Christmas alive :

  • Donate something you don't use anymore (books,toys,clothes)
  • Save a dollar per day and pool in the amount on the last day of Christmas to someone in need(It can be anyone including a colleague or a fellow student) After all a dollar saved is a dollar earned.
  • Make Jesus the centre of your Christmas celebration by placing the scene of the nativity in your homes.
  • Attend mass on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day with your family.(if possible)
  • Speak to someone you haven't spoken in a long time
  • Last but not the least - Wish everyone a "Merry Christmas" instead of "xmas". 

Don't X out the Christ from your Christmas.






Wishing All Readers A Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment